Well I'm almost on my way to the start of a new life. I retire, again, on October 2, 2009 and will head to Belize by way of Mexico, Guatemala, Costa Rica, and Panama where I plan to scope out other possible places to live or maybe head to for a change of scenery. My son Matt is traveling with me and will stay, he says, for a while to help me get set up. I think that once he sees the slower pace of life and the friendly people he may decide to stay. We'll see...
I'm not sure when I'm leaving yet but the 1st thing I'll be doing is stopping in Houston, Dallas, and Phoenix to visit family and friends before crossing the border. It will be nice to see everyone again. Some I've seen just last September and others I haven't seen in 42 years (Like Mike Drews, I joined the Navy and he the Air Force). No telling how long my visiting will last. I'm eager to head south but I want the time to spend visiting and getting reacquainted with my Aunt, Uncle, cousins, and all their wives, girl friends, significant others, kids who've been born that I've never met (and now are now in some cases married) and friends from work that I will miss dearly once I do retire.
So, get ready to follow Matt and I on our journey. Not sure how often I'll be able to blog once I've crossed the border but I'll update it and add pics as often as I can.
See ya!
I'm not sure when I'm leaving yet but the 1st thing I'll be doing is stopping in Houston, Dallas, and Phoenix to visit family and friends before crossing the border. It will be nice to see everyone again. Some I've seen just last September and others I haven't seen in 42 years (Like Mike Drews, I joined the Navy and he the Air Force). No telling how long my visiting will last. I'm eager to head south but I want the time to spend visiting and getting reacquainted with my Aunt, Uncle, cousins, and all their wives, girl friends, significant others, kids who've been born that I've never met (and now are now in some cases married) and friends from work that I will miss dearly once I do retire.
So, get ready to follow Matt and I on our journey. Not sure how often I'll be able to blog once I've crossed the border but I'll update it and add pics as often as I can.
See ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment