I'm getting good responses to my furniture sale. Hopefully it will all be gone by next Monday. I'm putting an ad in the Atlanta paper this week announcing an estate sale instead of just putting it on Craig's List. I do have people coming this week to look at the remaining stuff so maybe it won't be necessary... But I have to cover all my bases. The extra $$$ in my pocket will be a great help in buying the last of my necessaries for the move.
I'm really looking forward to heading west and south. I'm still tossed over whether to buy a pick up/suv and a dragger camper or an RV and drag a pick up/suv. While I still have time to mull it over I need to make the decision by the time I do get back to FL. I want to be on the road before the end of October. I'm really looking forward to visiting family and friends in TX and AZ! Watch for me to pull up in front of your houses!
Today is my retirement luncheon in Atlanta. Who would have ever think that I'd be retiring??? In my early working years I planned to retire at 55. Well, we all know what happens to most dreams like that. But at least it's only 4 years late and not 10 like most people. Having a younger brother die unexpectedly sure puts your like in perspective. You realize that you never know what's going to happen tomorrow so you may as well enjoy your life today. So that's one of the reasons that I finally made the decision to do it. I figure that I've worked long enough and deserve to relax and have some peace in my life. I won't be stagnant though. I plan to bring my tools with me and volunteer with some of the church groups that come down to build/repair schools, churches, clinics, etc. But, if I'm enjoying what I'm doing at the moment, or have other plans, I can tell them no not this time. Plus I'll be taking trips all over Central America and also camping in the Belize rain forest and mountains. My tent, a fishing pole, a couple of books, and a handful of cigars will always be packed and ready! Remember too that my welcome mat will always be out so come down and visit any time!
No comments:
Post a Comment