Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas in Orlando

Well I was then I wasn't coming home to spend Christmas with my kids. They convinced me otherwise in no uncertain terms. Boy were they mad when I said I wasn't. I'm so glad that I did though. I've enjoyed spending every minute possible with Rich (whom I'm staying with), Matt, Nicole and and my grand baby Kayla (she's 2), and Carrie. We've dined on all kinds of wonderful foods in all kinds of great restaurants. And Christmas Eve with all of them, and especially Kayla, as this is her 1st cognizant (of Santa and the meaning of) Christmas. It was such a trip watching her open the family gifts Christmas Eve!

I spent my birthday in Disney Studios with my Carrie. In 2009 Disney had an offer of free admission to any 1 park on your birthday. So we went to ride the Tower of Terror, the Aerosmith (the band) roller coaster, which is indoors and semi-dark, with a start that goes from 0-60 in 3 seconds and right into a loop. Plus they have the Osborne Christmas Lights at night. Over 5 million lights that are synced to music. Pretty cool! They did change the location of the lights from the last time I was there so I didn't think it was as impressive as previous years but it was still pretty. Last time I was there the lights were in the "back lot" area which contained 6 or 8 houses (one from the Golden Girls, one from Herbie the Love Bug, and another that I can't remember what TV show it was used for. Plus the NYC street. Now it's all on a street with back drops of NYC and San Francisco. Well worth the price of admission though...especially when it was free!

My sister Eileen and her husband John are flying in from Charlotte NC on Friday and will stay the weekend in Daytona Beach. My sister Diana (Bunny to those of you who know her), who lives in Madeira Beach FL is driving up on Saturday and she and I will go spend the day with Eileen and John.

Soon after that it will be off to Houston again to make my final preparations to head south. The only remaining holdout to crossing the border is my lump sum pension payout check. I want it in my hand when I finally get underway. Belize has very attractive saving account interest rates so I'll deposit some there, which will be in Belize dollars and readily accessible and some in a U.S. bank to have access to American dollars, accessible through ATM. I'm covering all of my bases...

But, when all is said and done, it's going to be hard to leave my kids again for God knows how long, until I visit FL. They CAN come down and visit me though! I'd really enjoy that. And remember that you are also welcome to come for a visit. The scuba diving, snorkling (for those who don't dive), fishing, sightseeing, and just plain hanging around is GREAT!!!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment