Monday, January 18, 2010

Fatboy in Belize - The Adventure Begins!

Well it's Monday night and tomorrow around noon central will be the start of my journey to a new country and a new life. While I'm very nervous about moving alone to a foreign country, possibly living semi-off the grid, I'm excited about the possibilities in front of me. I know that I WILL have some obstacles to overcome hopefully all the planning I've done will make my move easier. Only time will tell.

My plan tomorrow, Tuesday January 19th, is to drive to Brownsville where I plan to cross the Mexican border, park for the night, and get an early start on Wednesday, crossing over and driving far as I can before dark. Since it is advised not to drive at night I'll drive sun up to sun down. And since I really don't have a schedule to keep I'm thinking of taking the eastern route along the coast, stopping in Tempico, Veracruz, Campeche, Cancun and Chetchumal. So it may take a week or more before I head into Belize depending on how much fun I'm having in each place. Of course all that may change if I get antsy to get to Belize.

So keep your eyes on my blog and I'll update it with where I've been and what I've done as I find internet cafes that will have me...

No comments:

Post a Comment