I'm sitting at Thong's Cafe in long pants and a long sleeve shirt freezing today! A cold front moved through during the night and with the dampness it's downright chilly. Conan (more on him later) is sitting here in tee shirt and shorts but admits it's a bit chilly. At least it's good sleeping weather...
I've met a new friend here at Kismet this week. His name is Conan and he is from the D.C. area. He drove into Kismet on Tuesday and it was another case of “I know you!”. He reminds me so much of my friend Joe in looks, voice, and actions that it’s scary. We’ve not had a chance to cement our friendship though fishing though because it’s been raining every day. We make plans and have to change them at the last minute. We’ll get there though. He’s here until the 26th or so. Since Zeppi will be here, and we’ll get in some reef fishing, maybe we’ll break the jinx yet. (Actually I’ll be leaving for Orlando on 12/21 so we have 1 less week to accomplish our mission.) Today (Thursday 12/2) we took a long ride along the beach road looking for beachfront property for him to buy and had a great day. I’d love it if he moved here permanently! The 3 girls and the guy from Austria are still here too and making things interesting. They are a fun bunch and with Conan here too it's been a lively place. I think they only have another day or 2 here before 3 of the 4 have to head back home. Sad to say their last week has been plagued by rain but they did enjoy their snorkeling/fishing trip the other day. Hans-Peter caught a barracuda, as did Tricia, and the also caught 3 porgeys. So, needless to say, dinner that night was great.
I've given up hope on the Jeep, and the Toyota T100 (here in Hopkins) is too light to pull my trailer, so I'm headed to Corozal on Saturday morning to see the 2 trucks that Ron's boss is selling. Keep your fingers crossed please! It would be nice to have a vehicle again that I can use to move my trailer before a storm and to see more of Belize. It's tough having to rely on the buses.
And so, life goes on for the Fatboy in Belize… As always, stay well, keep happy, and practice peace. I am!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment