I’d like to wish my daughter Carrie a very happy birthday! She’s my youngest child and turned 26 on Saturday 7/16. She’s still working toward being a cloistered Nun.
I’d like to ask for prayers for 2 of my family please. One is having health issues and the other needs a job. I won’t mention names but when you say your prayers God will know who you are praying for. Thanks so much! Oh, also for Carrie, that she realize her dream of becoming a Poor Clare.
It’s been so hard for me to wrap my head around sitting down and writing anything, including emails and Facebook posts, so that’s why this post has been so long in coming. I’m still feeling a bit out of sorts due to my new meds and I’m hoping that, as time passes, I’ll get back to normal (well as normal as I get anyway…) and back on track with things I enjoy doing. I even have to force myself to go fishing of you can believe that. But it is getting easier so I know that time will mend me.
I took a trip to resolve a personal issue (I called it a crisis of mind and soul) that I was hoping would put my life back on track and let me move forward but it didn’t work out that way. I’ll just have to keep working on it until I can move past it. I do want to thank everyone for their concern, well wishes, and prayers. They meant quite a lot to me. I’m not sure what my next step(s) should be or if I should do anything at all… I do know that I just need to get back to that place where, when I’m worrying, I ask the questions I do in order to determine whether or not what I’, worrying about is important enough to worry about or just needs some mitigation to move on. Those I love, who have a worry problem, have heard those questions and have benefited from them so I’ll pass them on to you. Whenever you have something eating at you you need to stop and think about its importance in the scheme of things.
1. Will this issue cause physical or mental harm to me or a family member?
2. Will it cause a severe financial hardship (more than the normal day-to-day problems we continually suffer) to any of the above?
3. Will it cause the permanent loss of a friendship that you treasure?
If you can answer NO to those questions then it isn’t worth wasting your time worrying about. You need to find a quick way to resolve or mitigate it and move on. As things popped up I would immediately ask myself those questions to see if it was a valid worry. If not then do what you have to do to rectify it and move on. Life’s too short to waste it worrying about non-essential things. It’s worked for me and taken a lot of stress out of my life. Enough of the serious crap!!!
The lagoon was open again when I got back. Tonic (one of my net throwing friends) said it opened a few days after I left. Conan and Tricia said there were some REALLY torrential downpours the 1st couple of days so that’s what did it. The net boys are catching lots of small snook, with a few bigger ones every once in a while plus lots of 4 inch catfish. I caught 13 cats and a nice size Sheephead the 1st day I fished morning and afternoon. It was lots of fun and I have a couple of meals in my freezer. Conan got a cat and a blue crab too. So now I’m back to fishing once or twice a day as the mood strikes me and trying to figure out the new lagoon cycle. It’s different than it was before it closed in that there doesn’t seem to be the out in the morning, in the evening fish migration of cravelle jack and snook and the bigger snappers haven’t taken up residence yet on their old haunts. The small bait stealing snappers are back so maybe that means things are going to return to normal but only time will tell. We’ve had some pretty rough surf the past 2 weeks so the incoming tide is a lousy time to fish because of the tons of sea grass coming in. So for right now we’re fishing just in the late afternoon. We’ve found that the snook are hanging in the calm water alongside the run out before low tide and we’ve been doing pretty well. Saturday (7/16) evening I caught a total of 13 fish. I got 6 snook (4 keepers, never caught that many at one time before!), 4 small black snapper (2 keeper) and 3 catfish (1 keeper). Conan got a snook too. It’s been a long time since he’s caught one of them. It’s been exciting and we’re looking forward to it getting better as the bigger fish return to the lagoon, as well as calmer water so we can fish the high tide too.
We had a really nice couple come to stay a few days from northern England, Andrew & Julie, and they fit right in. Andrew was a commercial fisherman in his younger days. He has stories of catching sea gulls and painting them like WWII fighter planes and releasing them. One of his stories ends with an Irishman telling friends he’s got to stop drinking because a gull just passed him that looked like an airplane with numbers under the wings. Too funny! He’d make a perfect fit in the Chicken Experimenter’s Group! But, sadly, they left and will end up in southern South America before heading home. Andrew has a story much like mine so we are kindred spirits.
We had some exciting news on Thursday 7/14 but we’re still trying to confirm it. One of our former guests, Dino, (that none of us really liked), a Kenny Chesney wanna be look alike, was arrested in Dangriga by the FBI for a murder in the states, or so the story goes. We’re having trouble confirming it because we aren’t sure what his real name is. It seems he was a story on an episode of “America’s Most Wanted” and someone recognized him. Come to find out that show is a big hit here in Belize. And, he had a US$125K bounty on his head so someone will be living large!
Conan and I packed up our camping gear and our fishing/snorkeling equipment and spent a few days with Dwayne on Bread&Butter.
UPDATE: Conan and I were in the veggie market in Dangriga and who walked up but Dino! Well the real story is that he was arrested for a passport visa violation. He spent 7 days in the Dangriga jail before seeing the magistrate. He was issued a US$1000 fine, US$500 payable immediately or he would spend 3 months in jail and a US$2.50 court cost. So he’s out now and working on getting the other US$500 to pay that off so he can get his passport back. I love how rumors start and then blossom into the final story, or at least final when we hear it. God only knows what the story is since we heard it a few days ago.
Sheila is coming back the last week of July, loaded down with all kinds of personal items to make her new life in Punta Gorda more comfortable, repair parts for Conan’s van and boat, a new external hard drive for me to replace the one that broke, and God only knows what else for others. She said she will be checking 3 bags on her flight down. We spent a few days together in the house she will be renting in Punta Gorda, Belize a couple of weeks ago and had a really good time together. She’s stayed here at Kismet 3 or 4 times over the last year and we enjoyed a few breakfasts of coffee and Bailey’s Irish Cream together. So now to the important part of this paragraph… We’ve become an item and look forward to spending more time together. Time will tell I guess...
And so, life goes on for the Fatboy in Belize… As always, stay well, keep happy, and practice peace. I am!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment