
Richard and I got back home to Winter Park around 4:30pm today. We had a great time touring Gettysburg and Petersburg battlefields and Washington DC and ate a lot of awesome seafood in DC.
It was both our 1st time visiting Gettysburg and it was an exciting experience for me. Living in Alpharetta I had the opportunity to visit numerous battlefields in GA, AL, and TN but none of those sites held my interest like Gettysburg. I still haven't spent the amount of time I would really like to there but at least I did get there. I'm sure that you know I'm into the paranormal and have had several experiences of my own. Gettysburg is a place where I would have loved to spend the night sitting in one of the battlefields with a tape recorder... I did get some eerie pictures at Little Round Top though. And only at that site and none of the others where I thought I might since they had vastly higher mortality rates like the Wheat Field and the peach orchard. All of the pictures at Little Round Top had multiple orbs floating in them and 1 had a mist. And I took the pictures with 2 different cameras and Richard took 1 of the pictures so I know that it wasn't a camera issue. We took the pictures at about 3pm in the afternoon too. Nothing was visible to us until we started looking at the pictures on the cameras. We both looked at each other and got goose bumps! It wasn't until a couple of days later when we finally downloaded the pictures that we could really see them. I posted them on my Facebook page for everyone to see.
In DC we wandered all the normal outdoor monuments, I spent about an hour at the Vietnam Wall talking to friends who's names are honored there and shed a few tears with I vet that I met that was there the same time (he was only there a year though) and in some of the same places. On Monday we did the Capital tour and then finished the night at the Jefferson Memorial with a wonderful sunset. Marine One (well not actually Marine One since the president wasn't aboard) flew by several times on what I can only assume was a flight training. Lots of people snapping pictures of it. We left about noon on Tuesday to be home today so Rich could get back into his normal sleep routine since he works 9pm-6am. The vacation had reset his clock and he needed to reset it so he wasn't falling asleep answering AAA help calls on Thursday.
No comments:
Post a Comment