We’ve still heard nothing of Tricia or her whereabouts and it’s very frustrating!
Thanks again Pat, Reese, and family for making me feel so at home in Houston! Monday 9/13 was my Cajun food day and I had 2 very delicious dishes, 2 of my favorites too. Seafood Gumbo and Crawfish Ettufee. Sadly it was at my 2nd choice of restaurants, Boudreaux, because, after all the time I’ve spent in Houston since October of last year, I didn’t know that there was a Pappadeau’s right around the corner from Boudreaux. I LOVE Pappa’s! I was a constant diner when we lived in Alpharetta GA. I’ve eaten tens of dozens of oysters on the ½ shell, gallons of Ettufee and Gumbo, tens of pounds of boiled crawfish as well as other delicacies from their menu. And Tuesday was my BBQ and chili cheese dog day. Now I’ve fulfilled my food bucket list for this trip to the states…
Tropical Storm Karl made my travel plans for me. Wednesday 9/15 was my flight to Cancun and also the day the storm came ashore near Chetumal MX, closing the roads to the north and south. So I stayed in the Kimbe Hotel Wednesday through Saturday. I figured that if there was flooding it may take a few days to subside and I didn’t want to hit the floods in some small village and not have a place to stay. Since I was familiar with Playa Del Carmen from my adventures with my brother Dave I thought it as good a place as any to ride out the storm. Playa did have some rain and thunder on Wednesday night and most of the day Thursday but that didn’t dampen my enjoyment of the city. Friday night I thought that I would treat myself and had a lobster and sirloin dinner with a nice salad, and a slice of strawberry cheese cake (and I’m not a dessert eater!) and an excellent bottle of Merlot. Yes…a bottle all to myself! And I felt it by the time I got back to the hotel too! Saturday 9/18 was my bus ride day. I wasn’t sure of the schedule so I didn’t know how far I’d make it. I caught a 1:20pm buss and 5 hours later found myself in Chetumal, another place Dave and I are familiar with. Since there were no buses to Belize City I checked into the Holiday Inn that we stayed in, and Dave checked into again when I was a guest to the Corozol jail for a night. I had a wonderful Chicken Mole’ dinner and hit the hay early to make up for the sleep that I missed Friday night. Yes, I don’t sleep well when I’ve been drinking…. My bus to Belize City leaves at 11:45am. Hopefully I will be sleeping in my own bed Sunday night.
As always, stay well, keep happy, and practice peace. I am!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment