Sunday, September 12, 2010

Stagecoach TX and the Coyles

Still no further word on Tricia’s whereabouts or what’s happening to her…

I reached the Coyle homestead around 7pm central on Friday 9/10. What a relief after so long a drive. It wouldn’t have been ½ bad if you didn’t have to be aware of the pothole, and in some cases the crater, danger every minute of the drive. Even on the best of roads they appeared. It made the drive mentally exhausting. Now that I’m in Stagecoach TX I can finally relax and get some rest, at least until Tuesday 9/14 when I’ll turn in my car and head for a hotel near the airport for my 5:45am flight on Wednesday. Until then I’m thoroughly enjoying the Coyle hospitality and I did a bit of shopping to fill my extra suitcase with goodies to bring back with me. A nice tender (unknown to Belizeans) steak, some buffalo wings, and Cajun food are on my “must have before I leave” menu too.

My living quarters at Pat’s house is their tour bus. It’s opulence I absolutely makes my trailer seem dismal! It’s very roomy (at least 2ce the size of my trailer), very nicely furnished, and very comfortable. And what I could do with all the storage onboard!!! But…I look at it as the more room you have the more you have to clean. And that would take away from my lazing about every day.

In the past 2 days I’ve taken 2 of my must have foods from my list. On Saturday night Pat, Reese and I went out for dinner and has an absolutely delicious porterhouse steak, salad and loaded baked potato and an appetizer of deep fried pickle spears. That was an unexpected treat! Today, Sunday, while watching Houston demolish the Indianapolis Colts we had chicken wings. In the next 2 days I’ll be looking for my Cajun food as well as my obligatory chili cheese dog.

Sunday is a day of rest and I’ve spent most of it napping. I was also treated to a thunder storm. I’ve always slept extra soundly whenever I hear the thunder roll. I don’t know why. It’s just soothing to me.

As always, stay well, keep happy, and practice peace. I am!!!

1 comment:

Jodi Watters said...

Glad you're having fun!! Wish I would have thought to tell you'd I'd be in Cali sooner so we might have been able to coordinate you coming to see me there before you'd made all your travel arrangements, but don't think I knew your dates. Darn it!

Have a chili cheese dog for me!! ;)
Safe travels home!!!

Post a Comment