Today was basically a day of rest. The only thing of import that I did before heading into the Malibu Beach Bar to watch the Super Bowl was to put together my bug screen for around my trailer awning. When the wind isn’t blowing there are plenty of no see’um bugs with a terrific bite. While I was in Houston I located a no see’um /mosquito netting that was 4 foot wide and bought enough to enclose my awning, the gap underneath the trailer, and extra to cover my windows and overhead vents. Hopefully that will take care of the problem! The rest of the day was spent sitting on the beach reading and cigaring and enjoying the day. I did spend about 30 minutes fishing and I now have 2 nice freshwater catfish in my freezer and they will be dinner on Monday.
At 6pm when the bar opened, and during the last few minutes of the 1st quarter, I moseyed over and grabbed a seat. It definitely wasn’t the exciting event that it is in the states as most people here are soccer fans. I did walk in and find the bar owner (Papa) and 2 gentlemen (I’ve forgotten their names) who definitely were interested in the game, one who is quite knowledgeable about the game of football. And, luckily, they were all rooting for the Saints! A great time was had by all powered by an exciting game, 4 Belikan Beers (me) and 4 pints (yes pints!) of rum with coke chasers for the 2 gentlemen. It was odd to see the bar owner filling and refilling an empty pint rum bottle. It’s definitely something you won’t see stateside! And for dinner I had one of the best hamburgers that I think I’ve ever had anywhere in the world. Since I’m not much of a drinker I was feeling the effects so stumbled home, all of about 100 feet, sank into bed and for some unknown reason dreamed of being neighbors with Morgan Freeman. It was quite a pleasant dream.
No comments:
Post a Comment