I woke up at my normal 6:30am “up with the sun” time and after cleaning myself up a bit, wandered over to the Pelican Resort for breakfast and the internet. Hopefully today will be my last day in Dangriga. I’m waiting for a letter of reference from my Credit Union in Orlando so I can open my Belizean bank account at Scotiabank (a Canadian bank) here. If my mission is completed today I’ll move out to my new home at Kismet in Hopkins tomorrow around noon.
It will be nice to finally be able to off load some of the stuff I have packed in the front of my trailer to a spot outside, or in Tricia’s storage/garage, so that I reclaim the living space that I’ve had to give up due to traveling. Actually the only area that I can’t use is the kitchen seating area because that area is located both near, and over, the tow hitch I have a couple hundred pounds of books, canopies, and other essentials stored there to put weight on the hitch and keep the trailer attached to the car and load balanced. Now that I know that I won’t be living off the grid some of the items I brought with me won’t be necessary. But, had I not brought them, I’d need them. Maybe there is a market for some of it. Until I am comfortably situated and I know for a fact that Kismet is the place for me I’ll hold on to it. Like a marriage, until you are living together full time you never really know how compatible you are with someone. I don’t foresee any problems though.
After I move I'll have to change my blog subject to "Settling into my Belizean life" or something similar. Any suggestions?
More later!
No comments:
Post a Comment