Thursday, February 11, 2010

Moved in and settling in...

I was packed up and on my way by 10:30am Tuesday 02/09/10. The drive was an easy one, giving me no indication of the problems I would have backing down the long semi-twisty driveway and into the spot Tricia and I picked. It took me, with the help on a German guest, about 45 minutes to finally get me into place. We did have to hack away at some vegetation so that I could fit into the spot and it’s a nice fit. Sadly no shade though but that will come later when I add my palapa roof. The day was calm and hot so I didn’t get much accomplished. All that I did was level my home, hang no-see’um/mosquito net screen on my windows, and drag a few plastic storage buckets out onto the ground so that I had some room to move about in the trailer.

Wednesday found me very sick with an intestinal virus. I spent the day in bed fighting a fever and suffering the other symptoms of the bug. I have a course of heavy duty antibiotics that are always a part of my traveling meds so I started taking them. Needless to say I got absolutely nothing done!

Thursday morning finds me feeling oh so much better! I checked in with Tricia to let her know that I was still alive. She said that she had come down a few times to check on me and “make sure I was still breathing”. One of the German guests asked if she could hire my car today to go into town. My 1st paying gig! Good timing too because I need to check with the bank to see if they got the fax from my stateside bank. That’s the last piece of documentation that I need to open my account.

We had a heavy down pour during the night. I haven’t gotten my water catch and storage system set up (a 40 gallon plastic garbage can that Pat and I added PVC hose connections to) yet so I missed all that. It’s one of the things on my to-do list today without fail. I got a lot of the stuff out of the trailer and into the various storage sheds that Tricia has graciously given me access to so at least now I can sit at my kitchen table. Because of the load balancing that you have to do inside of the trailer when you are traveling things are stored everywhere and it’s not a pretty sight. So if I can get my butt in gear today I’ll have the nice spacious trailer that I saw when I bought it.

No comments:

Post a Comment