Thursday, September 9, 2010

Brownsville!!!

I’m in Brownsville TX!!! The ride today was nowhere as adventurous as yesterday and Mexico has done a lot of road work since Kevin and I started driving me down to Belize In January. They were a lot better and a lot smoother. I did have my car search at another military checkpoint though. And when I got the U.S. border I pulled into the “Century” lane. I didn’t realize it when I pulled in and as soon as I did I knew I was in trouble. The Immigration officer asked for my Century card. Of course I don’t have one. It’s the one for frequent travelers who pay $125 a year for the ability to bypass the long immigration check in lines. So…my car got searched again and drug and explosives sniffed. It took about 20 minutes to complete. Now I’m sitting in a McDonalds, using their free internet, to look for a hotel for the night. I’m way too tired to drive any more.

My car needs a good washing. Besides road dust I found where all the dragonflies, butterflies and bugs come for the winter. I’ve never seen so many of the 1st 2 in all of my life. Mostly monarch and yellow butterflies and dragonflies in huge swarms. While it looked pretty it wasn’t a pretty sight as they were crushed by the front of my car and all over the windshield. No matter how many times the windshield got washed I still can’t see. Five minutes after leaving the gas stations it was covered again. And using the windshield blades/washer just smeared them more and turned my vision into a haze. Now that I’m in the states it probably won’t be so bad.

I emailed Bruce on Wednesday night (9/8) to see if Tricia had arrived yet and he responded back quickly with the bad news that Tricia was arrested in Miami Airport for an unknown reason and was being shipped up to NYC. I have no other details. That poor lady cannot get a break to save her life. If it wasn’t for bad luck she’d have no luck! God only knows when I’ll see her back at Kismet… The news from Bruce today was that he hasn’t heard any more from Tricia so he doesn’t know where she is right now.

As always, stay well, keep happy, and practice peace. I am!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you all need to wear shirts that say "dont arrest me please i'm innocent!!!" LOL

Post a Comment