Sunday, September 5, 2010

New Fishing Buddies!!!



Two new guests arrived yesterday (Saturday 9/4) afternoon, James and his father Joe and became my newest fishing buddies. James is from Phoenix and is an actor. Perhaps you’ve seen him on Desperate Housewives. His dad is a carpenter and lives in Sierra Vista near the AZ/MX border. This trip is a Father’s Day gift from James and they are staying for 5 days. Both are really nice guys and former Navy sailors like me. Joe and I have visited some of the same bars in the Philippines, but 12 years apart.

Today we went on a fishing excursion to the Cayes and caught a dozen nice sized barracuda. Grilled fish is on the menu for dinner tonight. We laughed about throwing James overboard because every time he picked up a rod he had a fish in what seemed to be 10-20 seconds…literally. His dad joked, “Why do I get the rod for 20 minutes and you only have it for seconds?” It was pretty funny. I caught a barracuda and a triggerfish from the boat and one when we stopped at Bread & Butter Caye. I think James and Joe caught 6 barracuda between them and James also caught a yellowtail snapper. Patrick, our boat captain caught 3 barracuda in rapid succession on a hand line. Tricia came as well bit didn’t fish. She was our designated photographer. The other thing I got was a pretty good sunburn on my face and the top of my head. I brought a hat but didn’t wear it. That will learn me. Now the 3 of us are waiting for Peter to show so we can go fishing in the lagoon. We’ll be back there in the morning too. The 3 of us are fishing diehards!

Tricia, Steve, Peter and I plan to leave at 5am Tuesday for our trips. Steve to rehab, Tricia to her long awaited trip to Maine to see Bruce and San Francisco to see another friend plus a stop on Long Island NY to see her 99 year old adopted father. I know she is REALLY looking forward to the trip and to leave Belize for 2 weeks to shop in real stores and eat real food. Me, I hope to be in Houston by Friday. A really big steak is on my radar! Steve is headed to a rehab clinic in Mexico somewhere south of San Diego and then plans to go home to LA for a visit following his treatment. Prayers for a safe journey for all of us are greatly appreciated!

As always, stay well, keep happy, and practice peace. I am!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment