Special note: The mechanics just pulled up. They said they would be here at 11am and it’s 11:09. Not a bad start. Let me stop for now and see what’s up.
Good news on the repairs! They have all but 1 of the parts and that one part is one of the 4 electric brake controllers. So we may only have 3 trailer brakes and might have to use the manual control. They don’t seem to be concerned about it. They are doing a very good job of cleaning and repacking the bearings on all 4 wheels which will be one less thing to worry about. We’re trying to contact my cousin Richard who’s wife grew up in MX for some translation help to insure that it is indeed the case. So we may be on our way in an hour or so! THANK YOU ANGELS!!!
Normally I do my blog write up at the end of the day but today is different as we may be stuck at the PEMEX station waiting for the mechanic to show, hopefully with parts. So I’ll be blogging as I get the chance.
I slept in this morning but Kevin was up around his normal time of 6:30 and went for his walkabout. There is an espresso shop right here at the gas station, which is nice. I’ve missed my regular 6 shot espresso. I don’t have them every day but do have them quite often. Where Kevin is on a caffeine high from his 1st and only coffee of the day I feel absolutely no effects. Sometimes I wish I did. I can go immediately to sleep after enjoying my brew. Along with the espresso I had a banana nut muffin. He had a croissant with egg and cheese. All were quite good. Much better than the crummy meal we had last night at the diner here. Maybe it was because they only served sandwiches after 7pm, maybe not. It was the 1st bad meal we’ve had.
In the past 3 blogs I have failed to mention something that is very scary to see on the road. Most Mexican semi trucks are pulling 2 full sized trailers. Not the shortened version that you see on American roads but the 50 foot versions. They seem to travel in packs and the wind flow around them as they pass by is easily felt by us and the trailer. Nothing dangerous but we have to keep our eyes open for them in the side mirrors just to be sure.
Since I have time today, and since I have my journal right next to me (I don’t normally for some unknown reason) let me tell you of some of the sights we’ve seen.
All through the mountains we’ve seen farm after farm after cattle ranch. It’s kind of funny to see the manner in which they plant their crops. For one some are on the steepest incline you can imagine. There is no way they can do anything with a tractor to make their farming chores easier. They have to walk it. From the steepness of the incline I can only imagine that their plowing, planting, and harvesting is done behind a horse or mule. Plus, something I’ve never seen but must have some agricultural significance is that they tend to plant corn in between the rows of citrus and banana trees. It could very well be that it’s just maximizing their crops.
I’m not sure when I’ll have internet access next but more later!
1 comment:
Hoping you made it to your next stop without any trouble and that you're both comfy and sleeping somewhere safe!! So glad you have Kevin with you, the trials and tribulations you're running into on this trip require a traveling companion!! and thank you Kevin for deciding to go along, I know how much Rick appreciates you being there!!! :)
Love you both!! Stay safe!!!
Post a Comment