Friday, February 5, 2010

Finding a home - Day 2 (Part 2)

Things are looking UP!!!

I’m officially living in Belize now and I now have an address!!!

Po Box 109
Dangriga, Belize

I’ll be staying where I am for a couple more days until I get the requirements for a bank account. I need to be near an internet connection so I can receive the documents that I need and forward them to the Scotia Bank here in town.

The generator is fixed and I have power in the trailer now. Not sure why the batteries were discharging but they are charging fine now. I plugged my trickle charger into the bar on the property where I’m living last night and I now have 4 full batteries.

Charlie, the guy I mentioned meeting the 1st day that we were here, took me to Hopkins today and I think I found a place to live! The property is owned by a retired lady, Tricia Wipfler, from Long Island and called kesmet Beach Apartments. She's charging me $1.50 a day and that includes water hook up and she has an outside shower that I can use too. She also has internet but I haven’t talked to her about that yet. She's right on the beach in Hopkins which is about 25 miles south of here. She told me to come spend the day tomorrow and watch the sun to see where my trailer will get the most shade. So I'm headed that way when I wake up tomorrow. I’ll bring a fishing pole and see what I can catch us for dinner tomorrow night. Here is her website: http://kismetinn.com/

The late afternoon was spent sitting in the Caribbean reading a book and smoking a cigar. Too relaxing! There’s no place to hang my hammock here but plenty in Hopkins and 2 in operation at the property. I guess my days of no hair are over. I keep forgetting to wear a hat and my head is sunburned now. I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later though… Maybe soon my hair will be back and my face clean shaven.

That’s it for now. I’m pretty tuckered out and my Belikan beer is going straight to my head. Oh, my 1st officially cooked meal tonight was taco spiced ground beef with mashed potatoes and corn all mixed together. It’s one of my favorite meals.

Till next time! Have a good one all!

No comments:

Post a Comment